This Blog is a collection of fishing adventures in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

A collection of flyfishing adventures in Minnesota and Wisconsin waters.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crazy Chrome

So I'm up on North Shore somewhere, fishing for chrome. On my third cast I hook this extremely hot fish. The fish went from the head of the pool to the tailout faster then any other fish that I can remember. When it wanted to rest after 4 or 5 laps it jumped the head into the fast riffle section. This fish went upstream 10 yards and sat in the fast water. I couldn't believe it. Usually when a hot fish stops to rest, it rest in slow water in the bottom of a pool. This chromer was a phenomenal athlete with an attitude. I never did land that fish. Perhaps that was inevitable because when the fish sat in the fast water I think that fish was telling me NOT TODAY Chad. Sure enough the fish made a final push to the lake and snapped me off. I literally yelled with disappointment and excitement like I was cheering for the fish. I was not disappointed at all. EJ and I just smiled. EJ said I don't know why everyone doesn't do this. I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment